Welcome to the website of the Liberty Seated Collectors Club. The Liberty Seated Collectors Club is a not-for-profit group of over six hundred collectors and dealers
dedicated to the study and attribution of the American silver Liberty Seated coinage of the 19th century. Social interactions at a host of regional meeting
venues throughout the United States are a key element of the "LSCC Experience."
Please browse our website for news, upcoming events, educational programs, resources for collectors, and membership information. See for yourself why
the LSCC is the best investment in numismatics.
Although the U.S. has been reopened, cancellations are still possible, although much more unlikely.
We will post updates as we get them. We recommend that you verify any event is going to be held before traveling to the show.
Read the May issue of the E-Gobrecht!
See all the latest LSCC news:
Volume 18, Number 5, May 2022
- President's Message, by Len Augsburger
- Editor's View From The Rim
- About the Front Cover of E-Gobrecht this month
- The Curious Collector, by Len Augsburger: Central States is Back!
- Regional News, by Dennis Fortier: The LSCC Keeps Getting Invited to Coin Shows by Dennis Fortier, & Central States Photos
- 2022 Regional Coin Show Events & Major Auction Calendar
- Important Announcements, JRCS Zoom Meeting & More
- New Networking Group for Editors of Local Coin Club 'Newsletters' by Paul Kluth, Phil Vitale and Greg Burns
- The Auction Realm, by Craig Eberhart - 'Abigail Collection' of Liberty Seated Half Dollars
- ANA Summer Seminar Announcement for Liberty Seated Collectors, by John Frost
- Half Crazy - Newsletter of the Seated Half Society (SHS) #3
- "Gobrecht" Bust Half Dollars, by Jim Koenings: #4 Apparently a Lack of Information
- LSCC Member Advertisers & Advertising Rates
- LSCC & Publication Information
The current issue of the E-Gobrecht can be found here by clicking the image to the left (6.1 mb).
Bill Bugert publishes Register addenda sheets for new Seated half die marriage discoveries!
Since publication of Bill Bugert's "Register of Liberty Seated Half Dollar Varieties" series of books, astute collectors have identified die marriages not listed in these references. Bill has written detailed data sheets on each of these reported and confirmed new die marriages so that they can be downloaded, printed, and inserted into the books. Thanks to Bill, these are free to download at your convenience by clicking the image to your left.
Photo of William Barber discovered!
Unveiled in Baltimore at the SeatedFest II convention and announced in the March E-Gobrecht, we are pleased to present the first known photo of William Barber (1807-1879),
5th Chief Engraver of the U.S. Mint and designer of the Trade Dollar and Double Dime. The photo is made available for download and use in publications.
To see and download the photo (in multiple formats and sizes), click left or go to the photo page.