Welcome to the website of the Liberty Seated Collectors Club. The Liberty Seated Collectors Club is a not-for-profit group of over six hundred collectors and dealers
dedicated to the study and attribution of the American silver Liberty Seated coinage of the 19th century. Social interactions at a host of regional meeting
venues throughout the United States are a key element of the "LSCC Experience."
Please browse our website for news, upcoming events, educational programs, resources for collectors, and membership information. See for yourself why
the LSCC is the best investment in numismatics.
Please note that due to the Coronavirus, a number of the coin shows in the schedule are likely to be cancelled.
We will post updates as we get them. We recommend that you verify any event is going to be held before traveling to the show, until further notice.
Read the May issue of the E-Gobrecht!
See all the latest LSCC news:
- President's Message
- Welcome new members!
- LSCC Auction Announcement
- Editor's View from the Rim
- The Gobrecht Journal
- The Curious Collector by Len Augsburger - Gold For Gobrecht Collectors
- LSCC 2020 Regional Events Schedule
- Stories from the Club Table by Dennis Fortier - Good News/Bad News
- Regional News, by Dennis Fortier - Attend or Not Attend That is the Question
- Auction News, by Craig Eberhart
- Proposed Major Variety List for Liberty Seated Half Dimes - May update, by Dale Miller and Clint Cummins
- Double Dime, by John Frost â€“ 1875-CC BF-1
- Quarter of the Month, by Greg Johnson - Revisiting the Known 1857 Quarter with the Reverse Flying Eagle Cent Clash
- The Coins of 1870 San Francisco: A Collectorâ€™s Point of View, by D. Jeff Schneider
- Newman Numismatic Portal Remains Active During COVID-19 Epidemic
The current issue of the E-Gobrecht can be found here by clicking the image to the left (6.8 mb).
Recordings of 2019 LSCC Annual Meeting available
The LSCC Annual Meeting was held on August 15, 2019 at the ANA's World's Fair of Money. See the club updates and officer reports, the Kamal Ahwash Literary Award, a special announcement by LSCC President Gerry Fortin, and a presentation by guest speaker, Greg Rohan, of Heritage Auctions, on reflections of the late Gene Gardner, and much more. These meeting was videotaped by David Lisot of CoinTelevision and are made available here, courtesy
of David Lisot and also the Newman Numismatic Portal. To watch the Meeting, click left or go to the Recordings page.
Photo of William Barber discovered!
Unveiled in Baltimore at the SeatedFest II convention and announced in the March E-Gobrecht, we are pleased to present the first known photo of William Barber (1807-1879),
5th Chief Engraver of the U.S. Mint and designer of the Trade Dollar and Double Dime. The photo is made available for download and use in publications.
To see and download the photo (in multiple formats and sizes), click left or go to the photo page.