Welcome to the website of the Liberty Seated Collectors Club. The Liberty Seated Collectors Club is a not-for-profit group of over six hundred collectors and dealers
dedicated to the study and attribution of the American silver Liberty Seated coinage of the 19th century. Social interactions at a host of regional meeting
venues throughout the United States are a key element of the "LSCC Experience."
Please browse our website for news, upcoming events, educational programs, resources for collectors, and membership information. See for yourself why
the LSCC is the best investment in numismatics.
Read the September issue of the E-Gobrecht!
See all the latest LSCC news:
Volume 18, Number 9, September 2022
- President's Message, by Len Augsburger
- Editor's View From The Rim
- About the Front Cover of E-Gobrecht this month
- Announcement: VCD Long Beach Sale #1
- Announcement: 50th Anniversary Medal Pre-production orders now being accepted
- Obituary: Remembering Lane J. Brunner (1963-2022)
- Newsletter Editors' ANA Workshop Summary Notes, by Phil Vitale
- Regional News, by Dennis Fortier: 2022 ANA Convention A Smash
- 2022 Regional Coin Show Events & Major Auction Calendar
- The Curious Collector, by Len Augsburger: 2022 ANA Report
- The Auction Realm, by Craig Eberhart - The ANA Event Partner Auctions Sale
- Correspondence from Members/Subscribers
- "Gobrecht" Bust Half Dollars, by Jim Koenings: #8 The Sleeping Giant
- Important Announcements, & Membership Application
- LSCC Member Advertisers & Advertising Rates
- LSCC & Publication Information
The current issue of the E-Gobrecht can be found here by clicking the image to the left (3 mb).
Announcing the Seated Half Society
A new club for the collectors of Liberty Seated half dollars, under the umbrella of the Liberty Seated Collectors Club.
There is an SHS Webpage here on the LSCC website, and a quarterly SHS Newsletter
'in the E-Gobrecht starting in November.
No Dues! Volunteering to start the club will be SHS President Dennis Fortier and SHS Vice President Dr. Verne Pitman.
Membership in the SHS is earned not granted. As such we hope membership in the SHS will be considered a numismatic achievement in the career of a Liberty Seated half dollar collector. See the SHS homepage for more information, membership criteria, and an application.
Bill Bugert publishes Register addenda sheets for new Seated half die marriage discoveries!
Since publication of Bill Bugert's "Register of Liberty Seated Half Dollar Varieties" series of books, astute collectors have identified die marriages not listed in these references. Bill has written detailed data sheets on each of these reported and confirmed new die marriages so that they can be downloaded, printed, and inserted into the books. Thanks to Bill, these are free to download at your convenience by clicking the image to your left.
Photo of William Barber discovered!
Unveiled in Baltimore at the SeatedFest II convention and announced in the March E-Gobrecht, we are pleased to present the first known photo of William Barber (1807-1879),
5th Chief Engraver of the U.S. Mint and designer of the Trade Dollar and Double Dime. The photo is made available for download and use in publications.
To see and download the photo (in multiple formats and sizes), click left or go to the photo page.