Welcome to the website of the Liberty Seated Collectors Club. The Liberty Seated Collectors Club is a not-for-profit group of over six hundred collectors and dealers
dedicated to the study and attribution of the American silver Liberty Seated coinage of the 19th century. Social interactions at a host of regional meeting
venues throughout the United States are a key element of the "LSCC Experience."
Please browse our website for news, upcoming events, educational programs, resources for collectors, and membership information. See for yourself why
the LSCC is the best investment in numismatics.
Please note that due to the Coronavirus, a number of the coin shows in the schedule are likely to be cancelled.
We will post updates as we get them. We recommend that you verify any event is going to be held before traveling to the show, until further notice.
Read the April issue of the E-Gobrecht!
See all the latest LSCC news:
Volume 17, Number 4, April 2021
- Don't Miss the Start of the New Season!
- President's Message, by Len Augsburger
- Editor's View From The Rim
- Regional News, by Dennis Fortier: March Zoom Meeting is a Smash
- 2021 Regional Coin Show Events & Major Auction Calendar
- Important Announcements including Election Results, HOF Nominations, LSCC Auction and Gobrecht Journal Deadline
- Contributions from Readers & Member Obituary
- 2nd Census for Reeded Edge Half Dollars now underway and being compiled, by Jim Koenings
- Auction News, by Craig Eberhart
- The Curious Collector, by Len Augsburger: A Closer Look at 1851 & 1852 Quarters
- Quarter of the Month, by Greg Johnson: The 1855 Doubled Die Obverses
- April's Double Dimes - 1876-CC, by John Frost
- Liberty Seated Dollar News & Information - 1870-CC, by Dick Osburn & Brian Cushing
- Census for Christian Gobrecht Designed Reeded Edge Half Dollars, Part 3a - 1839, by Jim Koenings
- L.S. Basics 101, by Dennis Fortier: XI - Learning to Say 'No'
The current issue of the E-Gobrecht can be found here by clicking the image to the left (3.6 mb).
March 2021 Zoom Educational Program recording available
The LSCC held a virtual educational program via Zoom on March 9. The educational program was, Grading, Pricing, Demand, and the "CAC effect" and was presented by LSCC Education Director John Frost. This online Zoom meeting was recorded and made available here, courtesy of the Newman Numismatic Portal. Click left to watch the meeting.
Bill Bugert publishes Register addenda sheets for new Seated half die marriage discoveries!
Since publication of Bill Bugert's "Register of Liberty Seated Half Dollar Varieties" series of books, astute collectors have identified die marriages not listed in these references. Bill has written detailed data sheets on each of these reported and confirmed new die marriages so that they can be downloaded, printed, and inserted into the books. Thanks to Bill, these are free to download at your convenience by clicking the image to your left.
Photo of William Barber discovered!
Unveiled in Baltimore at the SeatedFest II convention and announced in the March E-Gobrecht, we are pleased to present the first known photo of William Barber (1807-1879),
5th Chief Engraver of the U.S. Mint and designer of the Trade Dollar and Double Dime. The photo is made available for download and use in publications.
To see and download the photo (in multiple formats and sizes), click left or go to the photo page.