Welcome to the website of the Liberty Seated Collectors Club. The Liberty Seated Collectors Club is a not-for-profit group of over six hundred collectors and dealers
dedicated to the study and attribution of the American silver Liberty Seated coinage of the 19th century. Social interactions at a host of regional meeting
venues throughout the United States are a key element of the "LSCC Experience."
Please browse our website for news, upcoming events, educational programs, resources for collectors, and membership information. See for yourself why
the LSCC is the best investment in numismatics.
Please note that due to the Coronavirus, a number of the coin shows in the schedule are likely to be cancelled.
We will post updates as we get them. We recommend that you verify any event is going to be held before traveling to the show, until further notice.
Read the November issue of the E-Gobrecht!
See all the latest LSCC news:
Volume 16, Number 11, November 2020
- President's Message, by Len Augsburger
- Editor's View From The Rim
- About the Cover: "Numismatician"
- Regional News, by Dennis Fortier: Tire Kickers were Flat
- Important Announcement about Fall Gobrecht Journal
- 2020 Regional Events Schedule
- Auction News, by Craig Eberhart
- The Curious Collector, by Len Augsburger: Liberty Seated Stars
- Quarter of the Month, by Greg Johnson: Changes to the No Motto Quarter Design
- L.S. Basics 101, by Dennis Fortier: Raw Versus Certified
- The Humorous Side of Coin Shows in a Masked COVID-19 World, by John Frost
- A Generous Donation to the Club Auction
The current issue of the E-Gobrecht can be found here by clicking the image to the left (3.6 mb).
2020 LSCC Annual Meeting - recording available
The LSCC Annual Meeting was held on August 13, 2020 as an online virtual meeting. See the club updates and officer reports, the Kamal Ahwash Literary Award, and a presentation by guest speaker, Garrett Ziss, on Libery Seated Coin Images on Obsolete Paper Money, and much more. This online Zoom meeting was recorded and made available here, courtesy
of the Newman Numismatic Portal. Headlines:
To watch the Meeting, click left or go to the Recordings page. To see a PDF of the slide deck of the meeting only (not the recording of the actual meeting), excluding the educational program, select here: 2020 LSCC Annual Meeting slide deck (PDF).
- Dennis Fortier wins the Kamal M. Ahwash Literary Award!
- John Frost inducted into the LSCC Hall of Fame!
- Dale Miller wins the 2020 President's Award of Merit!
Photo of William Barber discovered!
Unveiled in Baltimore at the SeatedFest II convention and announced in the March E-Gobrecht, we are pleased to present the first known photo of William Barber (1807-1879),
5th Chief Engraver of the U.S. Mint and designer of the Trade Dollar and Double Dime. The photo is made available for download and use in publications.
To see and download the photo (in multiple formats and sizes), click left or go to the photo page.