Welcome to the website of the Liberty Seated Collectors Club. The Liberty Seated Collectors Club is a not-for-profit group of over six hundred collectors and dealers
dedicated to the study and attribution of the American silver Liberty Seated coinage of the 19th century. Social interactions at a host of regional meeting
venues throughout the United States are a key element of the "LSCC Experience."
Please browse our website for news, upcoming events, educational programs, resources for collectors, and membership information. See for yourself why
the LSCC is the best investment in numismatics.
See all the other latest LSCC news in this month's issue of the E-Gobrecht:
LSCC identifies dangerous new counterfeit 1872-S Seated Half:
In December, the LSCC confirmed a new counterfeit 1872-S Liberty Seated half dollar. It is deceptive enough that two of them have been encapsulated by third-party grading companies.
Be on the lookout for this new counterfeit! Click left or see below under the E-Gobrecht and the Special Supplement, including key identification points. A detailed article about the counterfeit and its discovery will appear in the March issue of The Gobrecht Journal.
- Headline: Great Attendance at Local Meetings!
- Liberty Seated Dime Survey Now Online!
- Register now for the Liberty Seated Summer Seminar
- Auction News, by Craig Eberhart
- LSCC Calendar
- Regional News, by Dennis Fortier
- April 2017 Bay State Coin Show Club Table Images
- Cracked, Shattered, and Terminal, by Benny Haimovitz - 1837 No Stars Large Date Half Dime Shattered Obverse
- The Curious Collector by Len Augsburger - An Insider’s View of Coin Collecting in 1862
- Quarter of the Month by Greg Johnson - The Top 25 in PCGS/CAC
- Proposal for the Coinage of Small Silver Change at Charlotte and Dahlonega, 1838-1840, by Jim Laughlin
- Seated Shorts
The current issue of the E-Gobrecht can be found here:
Volume 13, Number 6, June, 2017
January's Special Supplement on the Counterfeit 1872-S Half can be found here:
Be on the Lookout! New dangerous counterfeit 1872-S Liberty Seated Half Dollar