Welcome to the website of the Liberty Seated Collectors Club. The Liberty Seated Collectors Club is a not-for-profit group of over six hundred collectors and dealers
dedicated to the study and attribution of the American silver Liberty Seated coinage of the 19th century. Social interactions at a host of regional meeting
venues throughout the United States are a key element of the "LSCC Experience."
Please browse our website for news, upcoming events, educational programs, resources for collectors, and membership information. See for yourself why
the LSCC is the best investment in numismatics.
Bill Bugert's first four Register books online!
Bill Bugert has generously made the first four volumes of his Register of Liberty Seated Half Dollar Varieties series available as downloadable PDF files, so that they can be available on your tablet or other mobile device. These four books are available here on the LSCC website. Click here or on the image to the left.
LSCC identifies dangerous new counterfeit 1872-S Seated Half:
In December, the LSCC confirmed a new counterfeit 1872-S Liberty Seated half dollar. It is deceptive enough that two of them have been encapsulated by third-party grading companies.
Be on the lookout for this new counterfeit! Click left or see below under the E-Gobrecht and the Special Supplement, including key identification points. A detailed article about the counterfeit and its discovery will appear in the March issue of The Gobrecht Journal.
See all the other latest LSCC news in this month's issue of the E-Gobrecht:
- Headline: LSCC Regional Team In Action
- Liberty Seated Amazonian Design on the Spring ANA Auction Catalogue
- Last call for LSCC Membership Renewals
- Auction News, by Craig Eberhart
- LSCC Hall of FameŚCall for Nominations
- LSCC Calendar
- Regional News, by Dennis Fortier
- The Curious Collector by Len Augsburger - Two Approaches to Collecting
- Seated Shorts
- Quarter of the Month by Greg Johnson - The 1847/47 DDR Quarter Dollar
- Cracked, Shattered, and Terminal, by Benny Haimovitz - 1875-S (In Wreath) Dime, F-101, R3
The current issue of the E-Gobrecht can be found here:
Volume 14, Number 3, March 2018
January 2017's Special Supplement on the Counterfeit 1872-S Half can be found here:
Be on the Lookout! New dangerous counterfeit 1872-S Liberty Seated Half Dollar