Welcome to the website of the Liberty Seated Collectors Club. The Liberty Seated Collectors Club is a not-for-profit group of over six hundred collectors and dealers
dedicated to the study and attribution of the American silver Liberty Seated coinage of the 19th century. Social interactions at a host of regional meeting
venues throughout the United States are a key element of the "LSCC Experience."
Please browse our website for news, upcoming events, educational programs, resources for collectors, and membership information. See for yourself why
the LSCC is the best investment in numismatics.
LSCC identifies dangerous new counterfeit 1872-S Seated Half:
In December, the LSCC confirmed a new counterfeit 1872-S Liberty Seated half dollar. It is deceptive enough that two of them have been encapsulated by third-party grading companies.
Be on the lookout for this new counterfeit! Click left or see below under the E-Gobrecht and the Special Supplement, including key identification points. A detailed article about the counterfeit and its discovery will appear in the March issue of The Gobrecht Journal.
LSCC to teach again at the 2017 ANA Summer Seminar in June:
After the huge success of the class “Developing a Passion for Liberty Seated Coinage” at its debut at the ANA Summer Seminar in Colorado Springs in 2016, the LSCC announces that
we will again offer the course at the 2017 Summer Seminar. Next year, the course will be offered during the first session, June 18-21. Look for the Course Catalog in December for registration.
See all the other latest LSCC news in this month's issue of the E-Gobrecht:
- Headline: The LSCC at Baltimore
- Liberty Seated Dime Survey Now Online!
- Register now for the Liberty Seated Summer Seminar
- Auction News, by Craig Eberhart
- LSCC Calendar
- Regional News, by Dennis Fortier
- Call for Hall of Fame Nominations
- Cracked, Shattered, and Terminal, by Benny Haimovitz - The 1887-S F-107 Liberty Seated Dime, R6
- The Curious Collector by Len Augsburger - Mint Mark Mania
- Quarter of the Month by Greg Johnson - New World Quarter Dollars
- "They Fell at their Posts…” New Orleans Branch Mint, 1839, by Jim Laughlin
The current issue of the E-Gobrecht can be found here:
Volume 13, Number 4, April, 2017
January's Special Supplement on the Counterfeit 1872-S Half can be found here:
Be on the Lookout! New dangerous counterfeit 1872-S Liberty Seated Half Dollar